· Work as the lead data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities
· Work closely with the engineering team to strategize and execute the development of data products
· Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across various domains and industries
· Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
· Devise algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
· Analyze data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
· Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers.
· Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems
· Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
· Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, etc
· Great communication skills
· Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
· Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig, etc.
· Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
· Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
· Good scripting and programming skills
· Data-oriented personality
· Master’s degree in stats, applied math, or related discipline
· 2+ years of project management experience
· Professional certifications